202 MILES!!

So, I got my Ipod about a year and a half ago, about 14 months ago I got my Nike+ package. I enjoy running, but my motivation usually stinks. The Nike+ system gave me incentive to see how far I could go and have visual reinforcement to my runs. It gave me some motivation to keep going. I actally ran a half marathon last October. It was put on through Nike+. As long as you logged the miles on your Ipod and Nike+ system on the day of the race, you were counted as completing the race. I was very sore the next day, but I did it.

Today I finally hit the 200 mile mark. Really if I had been consistently running since the half marathon last October, I conservatively could have hit the 300 mark by now. So, really it's a great milestone, but I'm a little disappointed that I haven't been consistent. I guess I need to overcome by disdain of getting up early in the morning and exercising.

Comments

  1. holy cow, that's a lot of running. I have such a hard time getting motivated to work out, my kids pretty much sap all of my energy. but still, I need to do it. I'm very impressed by your

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job! What a cool idea to be able to see what you've done. Great way to self-motivate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids definitely sap my energy, but I also know I sleep better when I exercise. Unfortunately sometimes that isn't enough of a motivator. Thanks for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting up that early sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Keep at it! I've not been so great with the exercise the last week...long work days make it hard to get up (and I don't run...bad knee...but I walk, really fast, up hill on the treadmill). I should remind myself how I, too, sleep better when I'm sticking to the exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces