Time? Where'd you go?

Last summer was fairly mellow around our house. M and B both had gymnastics once a week, we scheduled a couple of playdates, and hit the lake once or twice. It was nice. The girls played around the house and in the yard and pretty much had a typical summer. Along with that I was able to get on the treadmill most days if I wanted to.

This summer, not so much. I feel like there is so much to do and I'm not getting any of it done. I've been trying to work on organizing my office/school room. M is starting kindergarten in the fall, and I wanted her to have her own desk. My mom found a pretty good deal at an estate sale, and it is now sitting smack dab in the middle of the room. Not the best plan for an organized look. I have 2 big bags of trash that I have collected - papers, old workbooks, and old art projects - and they are still sitting on the floor of the room. They'll get out by tomorrow for trash day.

There just seems to be so many little things that need to get done that I'm not even sure what that list of little things is. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm working more this summer than I did last year, and I was getting it done in the morning before the girls got up. This year I'm getting it all done in the evening. In a way I'd like to go back to working in the morning, but I can't count on what time S will wake up. Yesterday it was 6:30 (which about killed me), today 7:30. So I don't feel I can count on that time.

I am also the treasurer for the governing board of a local charter school, and that has been occupying a decent amount of my time. The school's financial audit is next week, which means I will be at the school for all of Monday and most of Wednesday. I couldn't take advantage of my dad (who's my babysitter) too much. Tim is taking off Monday to spend the day with the girls, so my dad will spend Wednesday with them.

The fun comes after though. At the lake every year they have a Shakespeare festival. The stage is right on the beach. They have started a free kids day where essentially everyone with a kid gets in free. They do an abbreviated version of a play and add a few modern touches to it for the kids. We are going a week from Thursday. We went last year, and the girls really enjoyed it. We pack a lunch and after the play in the morning we spend a few hours on the beach. A good time to be had by all. And speaking of Shakespeare, Tim and I are going Friday night to see A Midsummer's Night Dream. This is our belated anniversary date. We celebrated 10 years in April, but he was out of town for training for 2 months, so we didn't get to celebrate then.

Well, I think I need to go and pour that cup of coffee that is waiting for me. This post seems to be all over the place. I suppose that just proves why I am having difficulty lately. My flow of thought is scattered which makes it difficult to focus and get things done. Maybe the coffee will help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces