You Capture - Feet

Photobucket

So, my first thought was to take a picture of all the little feet in my house, from cats to dogs to kids.  And then I went on a little hike last Sunday as part of some prescribed quiet time.  It was lovely.  And it got me to thinking about where my feet tread in life.

The reflection of my feet in the side of my truck after my run before my hike.

I was planning on heading to a place I used to go in high school.  Right on the edge of town - less than 5 minutes from my house - there is a small area of rocks on the side of the mountain that I used to climb with a friend.  I wanted to sit on the top of those rocks and just listen to the silence. 



And here is that spot.  Unfortunately, the people who live at the base of this hill obviously own the land up to the hill and put a fence al the way to the base of it.  So I drove up the dirt road a bit to the south of this spot and found a different spot.  

Looking down at the town I grew up, it still looks so small, but it has grown so much.  My feet has taken me to so many places since I graduated from high school and yet they brought me back to this place.  This place that I didn't want to come back to.  This place that I am so thankful to have come back to.  

I noticed the simple and beautiful, the native footprint existing in a place where most people just see open desert and shades of brown.  From the green of new spring growth

to the surprising red



and the life that dwells among it all



Even the non-living is affected its surroundings.


From the wind slowly carving away at the rocks



To the water that flows down out of the mountains and makes its own mark.



And here are my footprints coming and going.  
Along with the tire prints of the dirt bikes that share these paths.  

Did you find any feet in your journey over the last week?  Join in at Keli's this week while Beth is taking a hiatus for a very good and beautiful reason.

Comments

  1. Love your footprints and the "footprints" of the wind on those amazing rocks. Such a thoughtful interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love your interpretation of the theme this week! fantastic images, kirsten!

    and i got the covers and wool wash - so just shoot me an email or DM with the total i owe ya :) thanks so much!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I want to hike there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, OOH! I love your take on it! So original and such cool photos you shared. NO wonder you like to run and hike so much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very creative :)

    http://www.theiheartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first shot is so creative, like a dream or mirage of running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and I love the first photo! Inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative take on this week's challenge. Absolutely beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots....love the reflection and the footprings. Creative shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you interpreted this week's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the footprints! Great captures, and I love the twist on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them! The first one is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pictures! i love how you took a picture of a reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful! What a great interpretation. Such beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. I think you're lucky to live where you can walk in a place like that. My favorite photo is the one of the tracks - coming and going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces