You Capture - Green

Oh, how sad I was that I didn't make time to participate in last week's You Capture.  I took a ton of "down low" pictures, but I just never made the time to upload pictures and post them while on our vacation in Maine.  It was lovely.  Family reunion.  Tons of fun.  Lots of laughter.  But Maine.  Have you ever seen Maine? It's green.  I knew I had to pick "green" out of the three choices Beth gave last week.  Granted I did have opportunity for "chair" and even "hand" but my greens were so green.  So without any more babble.  My green from over the last week.

There was the sun shining through the trees next to the balcony.

There was the moss growing in this crevice that was supposed to have a waterfall.
It was a much harder hike than we expected to get to this point.  
The trail guide said "kid friendly." It was not. 
Steep inclines, boulders in the path, lots of slippery leaves on the ground. 
Sweet Pea hiked it in a pair of sparkly pink ballet flats because she decided to take her sneakers out of her suitcase before we left home.



Mossy green leaves on a different hike.



Big, beautiful green leaves.  We don't get these in Nevada.

And last but not least. 


A spider web with a mossy boulder behind it.  
Getting the camera to *not* focus on the rock was hard,
but perseverance paid off.

I'm excited to see what everyone else chose as their assignment.  
Photobucket

Comments

  1. So pretty! I was going to be a smart alec and take a picture of hands on a chair and process it with a green tint and write "you choose". But I just couldn't get my head together this week long enough to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots...green is such a beautiful color...makes you appreciate it so much more when you aren't used to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your green captures - especially the first one with the leaves. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last one is my favorite - definitely worth the trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hiking shots - I think the spider web is my favorite though, it's so perfect looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful, but that spider web rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I felt like I got a really good glimpse into your hike experience. I love when photos do that - bring me into a place. Nice work.

    Happy to be stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, that last one is really good!

    I really do want to visit Maine someday. I think it's beautiful in all seasons, right? I've never been and that's just tragic.

    Glad you all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty! I like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I hate spiders, the last one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great green photos from Maine! The first one must have every shade of green in the spectrum in it. I love the moss and the spider web with the green boulder behind it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces