Life

Had you asked me 5 years ago where I would be in fall 2010 I would *never* have guessed.  I would have no way in aych-ee double hockey sticks would I be back "home".

If you had asked me 3 years ago how I felt about being home, I would have told you that I was adjusting.

If you had asked me 2 years ago if some of my staunchest allies would be people I had yet to meet, I would have cocked my head to the side and given you a funny look.

But today, here I sit.  In my hometown.  A place I once swore I would never want to move back to.  A place I didn't think was right for my girls.

My girls, in the year 2010, will turn 10, 8, and 5.  When did I get to be the mother of a 10-year-old?

When would I have ever thought that I would be planning trips around running races?

If you had asked me one year ago if I would willing sign myself up and train to run a marathon, I'd have told you that you were crazy.

And yet, all of these things have happened.  And I have too many too count pictures that show the last 3+ years of it all.  Right here because of the bloggy world and twitter.

I'm a lucky girl.

Comments

  1. I think that you are doing a great job being a mom, being in your hometown and living the best life you can. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very lucky girl and it's nice that you realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Like Nancy and Lissa said, you are a very lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put me in the "I'll kick your ass if you mess with Kirsten" corner. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I feel I'm in the same boat. (Minus the kids.) But all in all, not a bad place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't life crazy sometimes? And I agree that you are pretty lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. A ten year old?! How old are you? JUST KIDDING!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing how life changes. and how this great big online world affects all of us.

    and for the record ... you are a rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It truly is an amazing thing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. and i consider myself lucky to have "met" you...and to be meeting you for reals this january!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces