Black Friday

I have never been one of those crazies who heads out at the crack of dawn to get the deal.  I always figured I like my sleep more than saving a few bucks on something I may or may not actually need.

Last year was the first year I went out, and it was in the name of a deal.  I needed a DS and the time had come that saving $30 was important.  I think I hit Wal-Mart at 5 a.m.  Got my DS and then headed to pick up a good friend to head to Reno.  We didn't have much in mind other than seeing if there were any deals on stuff we were going to buy anyway.  We did shopping and lunch.  Without kids.  Without a time frame. It was lovely.

So we did it again this year.  Though she picked me up at 6 a.m.  We wanted to hit Kohl's, the outlet mall, the regular mall, and our "upscale" outdoor mall - all in Reno.  Once again it was relaxed and mellow and the lines were pretty short.  I don't think we waited for more than 10 minutes to check out in the various stores we hit.  I had a list of stuff I was looking for - household stuff that we've needed but hadn't made the time or money to get.  So today I bought new towels, pillows, glassware along with presents for the kids in the form of clothes, robes, a couple of toys, stocking stuffers.  I also found me new yoga pants, bras, underwear, and a pair of pants for T.

We ate lunch at Olive Garden.  Soup, salad, and breadsticks.  Figured I could use the carbs and salt for my run tomorrow.

I love having good friends that I spend the day with where there is no pressure to be "on" or whatever.  Spending the day together without kids and hours on end to go where we wanted to.  It's a little slice of heaven.  I'm just hoping my little slice of heaven with 6 hours on my feet doesn't translate poorly tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces