Lunch Conversation

Last weekend, as you may have heard, I was in Orlando with the husband.  We were meeting up with Brooke and ChristieO and Audrey.  For our pre-race lunch meal we went to this awesome buffet place called Sweet Tomatoes.  ChristieO recommended it as yummy and healthy and with lots of options for only about $10 a person.  I was sold.  One of Christie's tri-buddies was with us as she was running the marathon too.  Because Sweet Tomatoes is awesome, it was a little busy for the late lunch we were having.  We ended up finding one booth and one table.  The booth held all the boys (the husbands) and the table held us ladies.

So, of course, because 4/5 of us are mothers we were swapping stories of the "joys" of motherhood and sharing pictures we had on our phones.  I honestly don't even remember what the specifics were, but halfway through our stories Brooke very purposefully and quickly reached over, grabbed her purse, and was looking at something.  I was sitting across from her and sorta gave her this weird look.  What was Ms. Brooke looking at?

She was checking to make sure she took her pill the previous night.

And when she shared what she was doing, the 4 mothers at the table burst into laughter.  Because even though Brooke's future as a mother is a big "IF" in her mind, the rest of know that no matter the pain and heartache our kids cause us, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

  1. let's not forget the "God no" response Christie's tri buddy got when asking me if I had kids. almost as if i had an infectious disease.

    although I maintain that kids are an STD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, couldn't wait until tonight to read this. Filarious. Cracked me up. At this point in my life, more kids would result in a quick admittance to the funny farm, so I can see Brooke's point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I dunno. While I have two of my own and know that another one and I'd be first in line to the psych ward, I take a look to the right side of this blog at that sweet face and know its all worth it - even if that sweet face isn't mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that's HILARIOUS!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Kids actually ARE STD's aren't they??? :)

    PS: The look on Brooke's face? Priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces