Stylish?

Look!  A post that isn't about pictures!  Miracles do happen!  Well, this one is happening thanks to Tiffany at A Tall Drink of Life.  (So you might want to go say thanks. IJS.  She's a pretty awesome lady!)  But I sorta scoff at the "stylish" part of this award.  I've never considered myself stylish.  But maybe my pictures are stylish.  Or something.  But thank you, Tiffany.  You rawk my running socks and it's an honor to call you my friend.


There are a few "rules" that go along with receiving this award.

1. Give thanks!
and 
2.  Share something about myself. 

So the first part is done.  The second? Mmm. What would be interesting to know about  me that isn't already covered on my "100 things" page.  

  • I'm super excited for Sweet Pea to start kindergarten next year.  I can see signs of her leaving that toddler -without-an-attention-span stage and it thrills me to no end.  So that fact along with her joining her sisters next fall at home with us to do school doesn't scare me as much as it did last fall.
  • I miss running, but I'm hoping that my denseness is the problem and that I'll be back hitting lots of miles before you know it!
  • I'm always amazed that as a mother how very little control I have over my kids.  They really are their own little people with minds of their own.  Sometimes I forget this, I end up feeling like a bad mother - but I'm not.
  • My cats? They are crazy.  Especially Pumpkin.  She is part dog.  She loves her tummy rubbed and chases her tail for hours on end.  She makes me laugh.  
  • When I was growing up, I thought my dad had it all figured out.  He does for the most part, but he winged parenthood just like the rest of us.  
Okay.  I'm drawing a blank now.  Not sure if those things were interesting to you or not.  Ha! Maybe you didn't even read them.  

So now I'm supposed to pass on this little award to others.  Share in the style.  Go visit

ChristieO at Average Moms Wear Capes and 

Love these ladies and their style and honesty in life.  

Comments

  1. We really are all flying by the seat of our pants, aren't we?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much! Sorry it took awhile to respond. I had to catch a plane and slow interwebs thwarted my efforts. But DOOD. You're totally stylin'. I mean hey, I love the new look for your blog!

    (So glad Sweet Pea's leaving the no-attention-span stage too, btw.)

    Thanks for passing on the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your perspective on keeping control of the kids. They are their own little people. Now to remind myself of that mid tantrum...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces