One year ago

One year ago this weekend something major happened in my life.  Something amazing and wonderful and hilarious and heart-filled-with-love kind of weekend.  Anyone have a guess of what it was? Anyone?

It was lovingly called HR2010.  Hooker Retreat 2010.  (Unfortunately there isn't going to be an official HR2011 - but Fitbloggin '11 will sorta take it's place.)  Most of us who attended were on Team Shrinking Jeans and busy training for the half marathon at Rock N Roll San Diego.

There was hair cutting and running and drinking and a ton of laughter.

It was an amazing weekend.  I can.not wait to see most of these ladies in Baltimore next month.  We will be missing Heather, Tiffany, Amanda, and Elaine.

We really need that Hooker Commune of 100 acres, so we can always have a fun filled weekend.  Because you know that we'd have cabana boys and nannies and maids there.

Miss you ladies.  Can't wait to hug most of you either at Fitbloggin or on my crazy road trip in June.

(My "consolation prize"? Next weekend I get to meet Ashley and see Beki again as they come out to run the Reno Rock N River half marathon with me!)

p.s. I'm being lazy and am in the middle of helping the 10yo with a research paper, so I'm not linking blogs to this post.  You still love me.  You know you do. 

Comments

  1. I can't believe fitbloggin is almost here. When we won those tickets it seemed SO far off!

    Can't wait to hug you again in May.

    Smootches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh I can't wait to hear about Fitbloggin. I miss training for races, so I have to rely on my blog friends to share their experiences. I bet (hope) I'll be running shortly after McLittle is born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten,
    I'm working with HealthRally, a new software company focused on health motivation. I found you via your tweets, so I'm assuming you are health-oriented, tech savvy and like to try new things.

    We'd like you to try HealthRally and give us feedback before we bring it to the public. We think you would be a great fit.

    HealthRally.com is a private social network where you choose a health goal like losing weight, pick a reward that could motivate you, and then invite your close friends and family to cheer you on and motivate you to succeed with pledges toward your reward.

    It's a new approach, and we are seeing our first group of users achieve their goals and have a bunch of fun in the process.

    Can I send you a link to sign in and try?

    Just send me a note at justine@healthrally.com

    Thanks!

    Justine Lam
    Community Outreach
    HealthRally.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do love you, forever and forever. How did we ever make HR 2010 happen? It seems like a pipe dream now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...a year! I can't believe it! I can't wait to get my hands on you in Baltimore!

    And I totally forgot how long your hair was!

    And my face is still awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces