#insaneroadtrip day 19

Today was supposed to be s mellow, boring day in the car. We got up and had some breakfast and leisurely packed up. My aunt and uncle said it was an 8-hour drive between their 2 places. We pulled out of the driveway at 9:30. This was a restaurant not far from their DE place and it made me giggle. Yes, I am a child. Heh.






We crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. Pretty cool!


















And then we were off. Anticipating lunch around noon. But didn't run into anything until close to 1 pm. And we ended up here.






It was yummy. Or maybe I was just really hungry. And then off we went...figuring we had another 4ish hours to go. But still making it by 630. I love the tree-lined roadways. Very beautiful.






At this point?






This happened.






My dad was driving my Granny's car with him, my mom, Granny, Sass and my niece in it. Luckily we were behind them and saw it happen. After pulling over, T got out and walked back to see what needed to be done. He helped my dad unload the back of the car to find no spare tire. Fabulous. My mom called AAA for a tow truck and we tried to figure out where to go for a new tire and possibly a new rim.

We ended up at the Sears in Rocky Mount. The best news? By the time they were done signing paperwork, the car was already on the lift. They said 30 minutes. *happy clap*. We grabbed dinner at Subway and got back on the road at the time we should have been arriving in Calabash. *sigh*.

While we were waiting, though, the girls had to try on hats. What do you think?

























Now? Now we are about 45 minutes from our destination. I'm tired. I could use a drink. And even though there were moments of stress and anxiety (on my part) it all worked out in the end.

Tomorrow? We head into Charleston. I need an oil change on the truck before leaving town on Sunday morning. Yes. We've already hit 5000-mile mark since leaving home.

Are you exhausted yet? :)

(one last picture of the beautiful sky)



And of the much anticipated adult beverage once we arrived.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. The hat pictures are priceless - so cute. You should make them into one diptic picture.

    Big Pecker restaurant? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that restaurant had bloody marys. You should have started the day off right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so close to my husband's home town - and there is nothing around there. So glad that everything worked out in the end (and you got your adult beverage!) :)

    Enjoy Charleston!! It's one of my favorite cities, ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces