#insaneroadtrip day 20

Today started out well. I'm not sure if this week has been too much stress, too much extended family, too long on the road, bad timing or what, but the overall feeling in the vehicle I've been in has been grim. Then again 20 days on the road is a long time.

But now for a mini synopsis. We got up relatively early and packed up the cars and headed out to breakfast.


It was very yummy. I had a sampler breakfast: egg, bacon, French toast and a pancake. It was perfect and yummy. Three-fourths of the girls got to ride with my aunt and uncle in their convertible to breakfast, which they thought was really cool. All thought it was a good time.



It was a beautiful, if not humid, morning.



T *might* be sold on the idea of a house in Calabash. (What dreams are made of.)

After breakfast we headed straight to Charleston. My dad had bought tickets for the ferry ride out to Ft. Sumter. It was a lot of fun. I've turned into a history lover as I've gotten older.



Here are the girls next to one of the cannons.



Afterwards we headed to check in to the hotel and catch up with my 3 uncles who flew in for the wedding. We ended up at Hyman's for dinner.



It was delicious.



On the way home we had meltdowns to the nth degree which despite my two margaritas at dinner still ruined my mood. We even had a beautiful sunset going on that didnt improve my mood.


We are back at the hotel room. The kids are clean and watching TV. I am not getting the cardio warmup done on my Shrinking Jeans bootcamp but I'm committed to getting the alternate bursts and strength moves done before bed. *sigh* Hoping tomorrow is a better day overall.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. I hope tomorrow is better for you too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun'll come out tomorrow......your kids were due for a meltdown. Ya'll have been on the road for a while and it's exhausting for everyone. Hopefully a good night's sleep was had by all! Mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meltdowns suck. I hope today is better!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those scallops?? OMG they look good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces