#insaneroadtrip day 21

The day started out alright. T was up and out the door by 8 in order to get my oil changed for me. The girls were a bit grumpy as they wanted to play in the pool but I wasn't sure how that would all work.

The 10yo needed hair cut so at just about 10 we headed over to the mall. It was a bit bizarre because at home the mall opens at 10 and every store front is ready to go no later than 10. Here? We stood outside Master Cuts until 1015 when they finally opened their doors...and they weren't the only ones. But we got the haircut done and headed off for downtown Charleston for lunch to celebrate Granny's birthday again with just her progeny.



It was delicious. I had a berry salad with salmon on top. Though it was huge! After lunch with 15 adults and 6 kids we headed back to the hotel for some pool time for the kids. They burned some energy. I'm glad we made a point to let them have this moment.

And I promised on twitter that I would get a picture of the family all spiffied up. I lied. It never happened. But the wedding was beautiful. Even though it was a "dry" wedding. We brought our own provisions.












It was great to see everyone.

(There was a glitch in my planning the friend I was going to be staying with in Kentucky forgot I was coming and isn't home. Grrr. But that means I am heading back to see Brooke for Sunday night and then off to Bari's for an extra night. We won't talk about how disappointed I am about the whole situation.)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Oh no!! That sucks! You can stay with me longer, too, skank.

    So what day do you plan on arriving again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are flaky. I'm with Lissa, what day are you coming? Is it still the 5th? We'll be at the cabin til then (I think), but you are always welcome there if you come early, or we can come home earlier. Just let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your friend flaked on you-that's BS, but it means I get you for an extra day, so it's sorta a win for me :-) See you in less an 24 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the wedding! And that you had your own beverages... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces