#insaneroadtrip day 28

Night and day. That was the difference between day 27 and day 28. It also blows my mind that I started day 27 in Michigan and ending day 28 in western North Dakota.

The girls and I slept hard at Barb's mom's place and relatively leisurely woke up, packed, ate breakfast and headed out the door by 8:30. I was hoping to make the bunkhouse by 5 pm. I am not a fan of the way people drive in Wisconsin or Minnesota. But give me North Dakota! Open roads, 75 mph speed limits and cooler temperatures and I was in heaven.




I thoroughly enjoyed driving along I-94. The skies were blue, the land was so green. It was just beautiful. I know. I know. I like mountains. But there is a beauty in the rolling hills and openness of this part of the country.

We made it to the bunkhouse over an hour earlier than I had planned. For no other reason than Dickinson is in Mountain time not Central.

The girls had a blast. There were miniature horses to feed and ride.



There was food and drinks. There was the little river running behind the bunkhouse



There was a beautiful sunset



There were sparklers.



And glow stick creations



It was a good day! Thanks Melissa for having us!

Posted using BlogPress

Comments

  1. You really have created quite the adventure that your girls will never forget. Happy 4th weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday. The bunkhouse & the horses look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glow stick creations! Hug Lissa for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have loved hanging with you and the girls!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces