Backyard Wildlife

I live in town but we have almost an acre and our house is surrounded by open fields on three sides.  We can't decide if this is a year of high volume small animals or if it's because we don't have a dog anymore in the yard and the wildlife is getting more daring, but this summer has brought so many new little faces right up against our house.  It's like kitty TV for my cat Pumpkin.  She stares out the window for hours watching the critters run, scurry, fly, and hop through our yard.  I'm not sure if I enjoy watching her watch them or watching the wildlife myself.  Luckily the coyote hasn't been back.  Though if he does, I'll be sure to get a picture of him too.
Baby bunny.

Holy schnikies! Three baby bunnies!

Baby Mountain Bluebird who hasn't lost all of his baby feathers yet. 

I love the color of their feathers. 

Chipmunk having a pine cone seed snack.  

Comments

  1. I just want to reach out and pet all of them - especially the bird. That's not weird, at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture of the bird - although he does look a bit po'd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty bunny!!!! What great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a new baby bird? Or is that the one Brenna killed? Poor birdies! But Brenna really did have fun chasing the wildlife in your yard. She totally wishes our yard was so exciting. Of course, then again, I let OUR cat out the other day, and she went nuts when she saw it. Dumb ass dog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces