Annual pictures

For the past 3 years I have taken the girls' annual pictures.  I started this when they were schooled at home and there were no school pictures to document.  And since I didn't plan well, all three have birthdays in the fall, so it sorta works out.

Well, I've been slacking about getting them done.  Between joint custody, a busy schedule, random illnesses and poor weather, I was having trouble getting motivated to do it.

I got the Oldest Girl's done shortly after her birthday in October, but then the other two?  Eh.  So today was a "professional development day" for the teachers and all the kids were off today.  So I told the girls, after letting them sleep in (and me), that I wanted them to dress nice but warm as The Middle Girl wanted to have her pictures taken on the steps of the capital building.  So they got dressed and brushed and cleaned.  I put no requirements on their clothing choices.  I gave them some pointers about what might look good for cold weather outdoor pictures.

You look at this pictures and what you don't see is The Oldest Girl being obnoxious and walking through the picture frame multiple times.  The whining about it being cold from The Oldest Girl and The Youngest Girl.  The whining about "she's touching me!"  Etc.  You get the picture.  :)  But I think we got a few keepers.

So here they are.




This was actually The Oldest Girl being cold and hugging The Middle Girl.  It was the best one overall.  It was so sweet.  I just wish her eyes were open.  The next best one was this:

But The Youngest Girl's face was a bit goofy.  

I may post some of the outtakes this weekend.  

(I'm starting to feel like blogging again! Maybe you'll start to get some good pictures and narratives again. Lucky you!)


Comments

  1. Those are great pictures! You are much more talented than I am so I'm glad to pay a fortune for a crappy school picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so beautiful (and the piggie ain't bad looking either). Nice job with the photos, much nicer than I've ever seen from those school shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually LOVED that her eyes were closed. It looks like she is giving her a sincere "I don't ever want to let you go" hug.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces