Coast to Coast

So I did it.  Tuesday the Disneyland Half Marathon opened for registration.  I was considering doing the Dumbo Dash, which is the 10k on Saturday and the half on Sunday.  But it sold out in less than an hour.  By this morning the half marathon was sold out.  Thankfully Barb mentioned yesterday afternoon that the half was already at 75% full, so I just bit the bullet and signed up.  I'm so glad I did.  I figure this is truly my only chance to get my Coast to Coast medal.  With a huge change in mentality that has happened for me in the last six months, I've realized that I need to plan better for what I want in 15-20 years down the line.  I equate this realization to how some people just all of a sudden have that moment where they get the eating right and exercise and it stops feeling like an uphill battle.  I'm in a better place emotionally and intellectually.  I've gained ownership over what I want in my life and for my future.  That means that trips across the country just for me? Are probably over and done with.  That means that my income will be spent wiser and closer to home.  Disneyland isn't so far away.  I have family in SoCal.  Barb is signed up for the Dumbo Dash, so she will be there.  (Yes, I don't think she believed me that we couldn't talk another half marathon the day of or even within the same week of the first half...she needed to wait a week to process the experience...and now she's signed up for not only another half but a 10k the day before.  As the end of August gets closer, be on the look out for the hashtag of #iblameKirsten to pop back up. :)

I will be sticking to races that are closer to home...which probably means branching out into some more trail running...which I do enjoy but it's so taxing at the elevation here.  And that's okay.  I've evolved as a person, so why not evolve as a runner too?  :)

I want to thank those of you who have supported me through this evolution.  Who have helped me achieve my goals either with some help of the green variety and/or in your love and emotional support and encouragement of my goals.  I'm forever indebted to you.

Comments

  1. Yeah!!! When I saw the tweet that it was sold out I thought maybe you didn't get in. So glad you're going to get your c2c!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're crazy ;-) But I support you fully in your craziness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Capture - DOF

You Capture - Best Shot

You Capture - Faces